Friday, April 22, 2011

A Sweet Bavarian Tea Set in Porcelain and Gold

Bonjour!  What a lovely golden tea set...here is my story about it: (remember, my stories are pure fiction, designed to help you imagine the past of a lovely object.  In no way do they indicate prior ownership or provenance of the item)...

Once upon a time, a tea set was handed down from the King of Bavaria to his only daughter, Ursula.  He said it reminded him of her golden hair, falling down around her shoulders in abundant curls.  I found it sitting forsaken in a box at an estate auction...how it ended up in the United States I shall never know, but I can speculate...




View more details:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320689007867&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

This tea set is so breathtaking...I know you will agree.  Post a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment